- Memorize your PIN. Do not write it on your card or keep it in your wallet.
- Keep your PIN a secret. Do not give it to anyone.
- When you enter your PIN, make sure no one can see what digits you enter.
- Take your receipt with you or shred it before discarding. It may contain valuable information that should be safeguarded.
- After dark, consider using an ATM in a well-lit area and take someone with you. If you feel uncomfortable, cancel your transaction, retrieve your ATM/debit card and immediately leave the area.
- Don’t fall for “con” games. If anyone asks you to withdraw money for any reason, leave the area at once.
- Never give personal information to strangers or inquirers over the phone.